Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"Re-purpose" to make lovely "dish-plays”



I loved theses plates that I read about in betz and and in Bella Dia. I have been looking for a cake plate or some kind of stand perfect for fruit, sandwiches or little goodies to serve at luncheons, showers and parties. I always say my mom is an amazing hosts. She hosts lot of bridal and baby showers, wedding receptions, and holiday parties for friends and family. It is always so fun to see how she decorates with different themes and always great food. I want to be a great hostess also but I am cheep, so I loved the thrift store fancy plates here is how mine turned out:









The stands were easy to make, fun and cheep. ( my photos are pretty poor compared to how great they look..dang cheep camera!)Check out the tutorial's above for details on how to make them.
Look forward the these "dishplays" at the next baby shower!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Yeah I can't wait! I love your parties and since I have only been to one of your mom's I can't really compare except to say you both have an amazing talent!

Clarissa B. said...

soooo cute chantal!! i love it!

Susan Jo Ollerton Fuller said...

Chantal, you are too generous with your compliment. I get most of my ideas from you girls and then I just steal them and make adjustments. LOL We do have beautiful parties and they are fun to through. Thank you for the compliment and your dishes are wonderful.

Jenny Lynn said...

How cute.. i saw some cute plates and dishes at the dollar store, I wonder if they would look as cute as yours! they are adorabe, i love them!