Sunday, February 10, 2008

Katie's First Talk

Katie gave her very first talk today and did such a great job! For F.H.E. Monday we wrote her talk ( actually just copied from the friend magazine) and then put pictures to the words to help her remember. I read the talk to her just a couple of times as I pointed to the pictures. Then asked her if she could do it. She impressed us when the first time she read through the pictures she could retell the whole short talk!

All week long a t bed time we would practice. She carry the talk around with her all week and read it to herself. Sunday came and she was all dressed so pretty in her flower girl dress for Clara's wedding, that she wore at Christmas with the addition of a red sweater, now transformed into a Valentine's day dress with and add of a red ribbon with white hearts in her side pony tail. (very cute!) We recorded her practicing for the big talk

When it was time for the talk she went right up to the primary pulpit and retold her talk like she had praticed. She was not shy and spoke clearly and loud enough into the microphone. She didn't need any prompting it was perfect! she is so cute! We are so lucky to have Katie in our family!

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

WAY TO GO KATIE!!! Such a cutie!

Amberlynn said...

Good Job Katie!! Adding pictures to the talk is genius!!

Jenny Lynn said...

That is the cutest thing in the world. I love her little bashful shy face when she is all done- so proud of herself, its adorable! I'm glad Katie is in our family as well, I love and miss her!!

The Fab Fabian Life said...

That is the cutest little video- she is getting so big!

Clarissa B. said...

so so so so cute!! im glad you got it on video. i miss katie bella!

Susan Jo Ollerton Fuller said...

So cute, I am also so glad Katie is in our family. I wish I could have been there for her first talk. She is so feminine(?) just look at her little feet and the way they lay so cute on the couch. I miss you all so much. Daddy says we may be coming for little B's birthday.