together pretty well. When Brian Sr came home, he asked how my first day of Kindergarten was, if I had any "separation anxiety". I told him I was ok. I know Brian jr is ready. He was perfectly fine and the day was a little uneventful.It still makes me a little sad to think of all then time he will not be spending with me; that somebody else will get to teach him, watch him grow, be with him. Sharing my kids and letting them experience new things is part of growing up. Growing pains. I do enjoy the new freedom of only 2 little ones at home all morning.
Katie is experiencing her own growing pains. She was very jealous of all the new stuff Brian got for school, she is jealous Brian gets to go to kindergarten without her. She was very whiny all through Brain's first day. She cried over everything and was very sassy. I took her to get a special doughnut with just mommy, she spilled her orange juice and cried. She painted her and Susan's face with some lipstick that does not come off for days, she poured out milk on the kitchen floor, a bag of pretzels on the couch and continues to cry. I will have to figure that one out. Ya think she need MORE time with me?! Well she gonna get it!
I have been concerned about, all day kindergarten vs. half day. When I was in kindergarten we learned the alphabet, the numbers and some simple science facts, taking turns, being quiet colors, playing nicely, and crafts. Now in Kindergarten Kids learn all that plus how to read and how to write, basic math, and social studies. I think most kids can handle a full day of Kindergarten and its great they are learning so much!
When Brian came home from his first day we called my mom to tell her about how kindergarten was, he told he he learned all his letters. She was surprised, she told me they took all year to teach her kindergartners there letters. (I am sure most kindergartners know there letters before they go to Kindergarten now)
Brian is very exited to learn at school and I will make sure he is still having lots of fun, and free time, free from; TV, computer, school, and organized games. Just some time to let him play, use his imagination, play with great toys that encourage creativity. I love to hear him playing, by himself, making noises, talking out loud to himself, it laying down playing with legos, robots, cars in his own imaginary childhood world.
I do miss him throughout the day but now when he is gone I can clean, craft, spend time with Katie and Susan, and have more me time so that when he is home I don't have to say "Honey not right now" so much. I love kindergarten with all its growing pain.
As I have been getting him ready for kindergarten we went shopping. I let him pick out, the shirt, shoes, and shorts for him to wear for the first day. On his own he told me, "Mom we need to get shoes with out laces. I can't tie them yet. I need shorts with no zippers or buttons, so I can get them off quick, and I want I a shirt with Super heroes." Now isn't he smart and ready for kindergarten!
Here is all the excitement (that I saw) of the first dayof school (it was pretty uneventful on my side of the classroom doors).
7 comments:
it makes me so sad to think that Avery will be in school soon! I dont know how you do it! your awesome! and brian looks so cute! he is growing up way too fast!
How fun! Katie is just so bored with out Brian around. She's going to have fun once she realizes she will have more "mommy time!" you should sign up for a dance class or something
I am sitting here crying like it is my first day of school. All those bitter sweet memories of you kids going off to school and now missing you so much. You are ripping my heart out.
OUR BABIES ARE GROWING UP!!!!!! Its like happy tears, isn't it??? It will be wierd going to Marina's without the boys won't it? Gabi and I will see you, Katie, and Susan there!
Awe! I can't imagine my boys ever being that big but you have shown me the inevitable facts of life. Good job staying tough! I hope I can be that strong.
I LOVE your blog, Chantal! All of your pictures are so cute!!
I loved reading your post about the first day of Kindergarten. This is my favorite time of year but from the teacher stand point. Every year there are more tears from the parents than the kids. Hopefully Brian is enjoying school. Kindergarten is the best!
Post a Comment