Friday, August 8, 2008

Based on my calculations I am AWSOME.*

I have never though of myself as a nerd.(Check me out in the HS photos) not super nerdy anyway. If I was a nerd I had lots of good company! I was not popular either. I have always valued my individuality, and did not do things just to be popular. For example I was in NAHS, instead of choir or dance. I was in the Outdoor Science Club. I took art classes and science not because they were an easy elective but because I wanted to learn more about art and enjoy exercising my creative mind. Also we went on awesome field trips!

Starting now I am going to embrace my inner nerd even more with a new blog all about my nerd hobbies. Crafting. Thrifting. Decorating Gardening. Creating with my kids. This new blog, Chantal's Getting Crafty at susiepoosie.blogspot.com will be repetitive of some things here at "Team Jones" but I will go into more detail about my projects and less family fun stuff.

Brian once gave me good advice that "self deprecation does'nt looks good." I do not want you to think I am doing that now. Nerd is not a bad thing, Nerd to me is someone who values ummm whats the word...in..intelect! someone who values intellect. (I like #3), someone who wants to increase their knowledge of everything around them to make their lives fuller. Then second somebody who goes against what is popular, whatever! I am bringing nerdy back! *
*I stole these quotes from some cool Wal-Mart shirts...the nerdyness now!

Come check out the new blog!