When someone comes to my house, I clean it. It is not always clean but clean and perfect is how I like it best. I clean because it makes me and my family happiest. I clean because I have been given responsibility to care for my blessings. I would be embarrassed if somebody saw my house at its worst. I would never invite somebody over to see the messy house. Just like my house, life and blog. Everything here, at my blog, may seem to reflect a perfect life. that is because I choose to highlight the good stuff. I don't blog every shortcoming and flaw. Everything I blog is real, true, and I have spent a lot of time on every entry editing and adding cute pictures. I may clean up a bit to highlight the positive but not to be fake. don't judge a girl by her blog.
I blog for me. I blog to keep a journal and create this awesome book. In my book I want my kids to look back and remember the positive time we had camping, at the library, and being together. I know they will love it. I blog to keep updates with my friends and family. Jenny and Clarissa almost always comment so I know at least they will read it. My parents and Charmaine tell me they read I also have a list of readers I expect to drop by occasionally. ( lemme know if you want to be added to the reader list, this blog is usually private) I know myself and others, I have talked to, have felt life this after reading some body's blog, "Oh she is so perfect, she has so many friends, she always looks beautiful, her kids are so smart, she does so many fun things, I'm so jealous!" Lets all stop that and remember not to judge a girl by her blog! Keep your blog real, and remember she is not going to blog her "dirty house"
That was it, I am done how, I will get off my soap box...
You may be asking why did she just post that? The inspiration came from several sources, This blog, (that is funny BUT I do not like) this friends thoughts, (who I agree with) and the comment I first left on her blog but edited because it was too long, the conversation with her,(a real girl) who shared options. Lastly, this was some advice a gave to my sistas before they joined the dangerous work of blogging.
One more thing, I wrote this post yesterday before the comment on the last post from "Sara" and I will be going back to private after this post, so please if you want to read your welcome to it. Just leave a comment.
11 comments:
Well put! I blog for a family journal (blurb book) and to stay up dated with friends and family. I want to remeber all the little and big things going on. I think the reason blogs seems "perfect" to people is that you blog about events in your life and they are all condensed onto one little page. Why would you want to make a scrapbook of all the icky things in life?? Who would want a scrapbook like that? I want Ella to look at this book and smile and not think of her parents as big ol' complainers. Amen, sista! I would love to be on your reader list, when you make your blog private. :)
i think your amazing. i love you!! i agree 100%!!
Goodness who was that person who left such a rude comment? And what are they thinking? You blog for you, not to appease your "readers." Keep blogging how you blog and set your blog to private so you won't get these anonymous "bloggers" peaking onto yours and leaving ridicously rude, unjustified comments that should be kept to themselves. I just made my blog private and I don't have your email address. So send it to me so I can add you on my list. gbbrandon@aol.com.
Amy
oh brother, some people are ridculous. im so sorry chantal, i know that you are better than that and that those comment didnt offend you. but i still feel the need to appolgise for thier rudeness to you.
seriously are we still in highschool?
RUDE RUDE RUDE people, i would like to give her a piece of my mind. (AND A KNUCKLE SANDWICH) lol ok maybe thats a little overboard.. but i agree with you. NEVER appolgise because YOUR happy. thats exactly what satan wants you to do!
I love you sister and I ADMIRE your family, im not jealous and it doesnt bother me that your happy! HECK im glad your HAPPY!
ALWAYS BE HAPPY!
This reminds me of the teaching that Satan will be bound in the Meleniun. I have tried to teach you, my children, that the reason he will be bound is because we will not let him influence us for evil anymore. It will start with us, we will patition Heavenly Father daily and in our actions to rid him and his imps from our lives. You keep up the good work, I love your sinserity and the updates that I have the privledge of reading. Going private is always a good thing, no need to cast you PEARLS before swine.
Hi Chantal,
I have been miss sicky (literally with pregnancy) and out of town. But I do love to check out the blogs. I would love to be invited to you blog when you go private. I currently have you on my google reader. I love your blog, and I can tell that you spead a lot of time on your post editing and such. I do too. Your blog book is gonna rock!
lOve ya,
amberlynn
Stewart and I spent time reading your post and then following all the links, we didnt see the rude comments that were posted but it just seems like there are too many people out there with too much time on there hands being rude on other people blogg is so stupid and and I sorry nobodys life is perfect so who ever that girl is that is trying to pretend hers is, is probably a miserable person. Anyways I have just blabbed for too long we love you dont let those people destroy your blog we love to read it you do a good job with it. Dont let the rude comments hurt your feelings.
i love your blog and all the goings on of your little family. we all think that you are beautiful and talented and enjoy reading about your life and the ways your are perfecting yourself. you go girl!!!!
Amen Amen Amen. I remember seeing that blog of Laura's and not really paying attention to it. When I clicked on your link of comments to her and I started to read I realized I have really missed a lot. I could really care less what people think of my blog. I enjoy what I am doing. I enjoy having other people be part of my life and keeping up with me from a distance. I, like you, want Emma to look back and be able to see her mother and sometimes her father in a different light that what she may see then. I do post every so often about struggles and worries but again I like what I am doing on my own blog. If you look at my blog it is very plain. That is just how I like it. Others spruce theirs up and make them look so cute. That is just not me. I like what I like and I could care less about what others think. The fact of the matter for me is that this blog thing is for me. Sometimes it is very much for me. I have invited the world to read it but that is the key word...invited. They have their own free will and do not have to look at it or read it. I am not holding a gun to their head forcing them to read it. ALTHOUGH!!!!!! Just kidding. Chantal I love your blog. I love how you have created a world in which you can instantly see how much your family means to you. You are very real and very honest. You often leave me in a state of happiness after reading your posts. I know I don't check everyday to see if you have posted but when I do, I know that I will always be included into your life because of the way you express yourself. Keep on blogging sista. You ROCK!
Post a Comment