Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cheep Seats & Fire Works

The week after the 4th of July we went on a family date. The house was hot and I was feeling restless so we went out. It started in beautiful PB, we walked along the beach while kids ran along the splashing in the waves. We made it to Cristal Pier in time for sunset. Susan was so funny on the Pier every couple of steps she had to look down between the cracks and talk about the water. Then walked to Fat Burger for dinner. (Side note)--Its always fun to out with the kids especially Friday Nights, we get lots of looks as a big, young family. That night there might have been even more looks. Last time we walked on the beach I lost my sandals, I did not want to risk loosing my new Roxy sandals so I left them in the car. Katie followed my example, so did Susan! luckily we were close to the beach to bare feet wasn't too trashy---

After filling up on high calorie food we walk again on the beach, and the car. On the way home we drove by Sea World to see the fireworks. We arrived an hour early so we left to go home, for baths PJ's and headed back. We made it just in time and enjoyed the show with a few other cheep locals and fishers at the bay.

We have been back a few times to the firework show, to put the kids asleep with the drive and enjoy the cheep seats. I told Brian that because we missed the great Tempe Town Lake show and the San Diego Bay show, about 5 Sea Wold shows will make up for that. The Last time we went (Saturday) it was extra fun Because Daddy Packed a stove and the Jiffy Pop! We got smart and brought the Explorer. The kids could sit in the big back with the door open to the show. Then I got real smart and left Susan in her car seat, unbuckled it and put in in the back with the big kids, so she is happy in her seat but and crawling around everywhere. It's good cheep fun walking on the beach and enjoying the fire works, we love SD! Do ya like how were getting the lingo down PB (Pacific Beach) & SD (San Diego) Like you needed that translation :)

3 comments:

Clarissa B. said...

so fun! haha im actually glad you included the translation.. for us none SD people. the whole time i was reading it i was like what the heck is PB? lol i know what LB is and SD but never heard of a PB. your too funny! your 4th looked like so much fun! im jealous!

Clarissa B. said...

so fun! haha im actually glad you included the translation.. for us none SD people. the whole time i was reading it i was like what the heck is PB? lol i know what LB is and SD but never heard of a PB. your too funny! your 4th looked like so much fun! im jealous!

Jenny Lynn said...

Okay I didn't know what PB was either, lol! Looks like fun, I love the picture of the kids all bundled up in the back with their PJs on, that is awesome. I'm so jealous. I wish I could live in SD with BC :)