Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July, not so independent anymore.

This has been a 4th of July we will never forget. I hate how bad things sometimes happen around special events. Like you may have heard before, "I always hated my birthdays that was the day my ( fill in the blank with something terrible!) ."
We have always been lucky to not have any holidays that also remind us of something sad to make us not want to celebrate. Until...
This 4th of July we spent in the hospital with Brian's parents. On that day, Brian's dad was diagnosed with Leukemia. (Officially called AML).
I hope that we will not look back on this 4th and feel sad. Although he is very sick and there are still a lot of trials ahead for the family. There has been some positive things. Brian's Parents have had an optimistic attitude, and they have great faith. Brian's Mom keeps saying that she knows Heavenly Father knows them, and knows what they need. They are hopeful that the treatments will do their job. The Jones family has come closer together with relatives that have not always been so close. Faith and prayers have been tested and strengthened. We, and others have had the opportunity and to serve.
My father in-law started Chimo-therapy on Friday and he is already feeling, better. His blood work is showing improvement. Then after we left to come back to California they found a, staff infection, and the Chimp is staring to make him pretty sick. I will keep updating on his condition.
It seems to be the trend to take unplanned trips to AZ, celebrate with family, experience someunexpected announcement, enjoy the dry air, warm breeze and thunder storm. This trip still the same, considering everything we still have another great trip to AZ!
A word about our country, I love this country, The Constitution, The founding fathers of the United states were inspired men. Everything may not be right but somethings still are. With my father-in-law in the hospital he is receiving the best treatment available and given great care thanks to the hospitals, doctors, and nurses in our great country. Please remember Brian's Parents in your prayers!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

It was good to see you guys too bad under a bad circumstance. Kent is a trooper and I think he will pull this. Hope to see you guys soon so the boys can actually play this time.
We Love you guys

Amy said...

I am so sorry with the current situation. Best of luck with everything. We will keep his parents in our prayers.

Jenny Lynn said...

Oh man I hate chimps that make you sick. I wish I had a pet chimp. hehe.. have to be on the light side of things right?! I am glad that there is good coming from this trial in B's family. You know you and your family and B's family are always in our prayers! Keep us updated. I especially want lots of pics when they boys shave their heads!!!

Kyle said...

I am so sorry to hear this bad news for your family! I am glad that you were able to be there when it happened!