It has been a very enjoyable Easter this year. I got to go on an unplanned trip to Arizona for a week. I had to take Charmaine back to Yuma to pick up her car I figured I would just go all the way to Tempe to see the family. Brian Sr joined me and the kids a few days later after he caught up on some papers for school. While in Az the family celebrated Easter, my sisters Charmaine and Jenny did cute posts about the fun times, check them out! (Also Jenny posted about our trip to Lego Land I LOVE her side of how the trip went, she is so sentimental, spunky, and trendy :)! So check that out also).
Above- Lacy face is great in the race for eggs! Susan loved looking for eggs, when we were all done she just wanted to sit in the tall plants.Easter was full of fun the kids did 4 Easter egg hunts! Fullers, Jones, Primary and from the Wenger kids (I think there are still real eggs in my back yard! ewww! I am calling them in the morning to come back and find them!) We died eggs, made candies, ate too much good food, filled baskets, and dressed up for church. But today I wanted to blog about 3 awesome Easter lessons I enjoyed.
The first lesson was from my Dad the master of Family Home Evenings, for about 36 months he has been working on a FHE 200+ pages long! We have a lesson every few chapters. His lessons are usually about Zion and for the adults, but for Easter he did one for the kids. He gave every adult (about 16 of us, with a few family guests,( It was good seeing you Tina!)) 2 pictures from the Saviors life. The kids (4 of them old enough to participate) went around to everybody and we told them quickly about what was happening in the picture. The kids loved to keep moving, we all learned something as we had to teach our quick part. It was an awesome Easter lesson! I miss my family thinking about it. I was very impressed by Brian (my lovie) I think he went last and I don't remember his pictures but he said, "I want you all to know I know Jesus loves me, and I want you to know the Jesus loves you Lacy, and you Israel, etc... to all the kids" It was a simple pure testimony and sweet moment.
Next lesson was the one we had the chance to teach to our primary class. It began with a few items displayed about Easter, eggs, bunnies, church shoes, spring flowers, a picture of Christ, etc.. Then the kids had to put away the items that were not the real reason we celebrate Easter. After that Brian taught them the story of Christ Crucifixion, burial, and Resurrection. Then the kids took turns teaching a part of it back to us. They did such a great job! I really do enjoy teaching our primary class and especially, teaching with Brian. Primary is so basic and pure often the lessons are full of deep doctrine presented so simply. Its wonderful to just teach them the sequence of events that happened on the First Easter. Then tell them of my testimony that I know we all will be resurrected someday just like Jesus was.
The last lesson was with the Wenger Family. Brian's older sister Mardell Wenger, and her family live near by so we get together often with them. After a delicious big meal, earlier tonight we have a lovey lesson by Mardell and Kaimi, Its nice to be able to talk with them about the gospel. They got a lesson from the store about the resurrection presented in Easter eggs. Every egg 1-12 told a portion of the story of the first Easter. The kids had fun and it held their interest.
Below-Easter on Easter Sunday our sweet elderly neighbor brought over a basket for the kids (I would sent her a shout-out but she asked If i used my typewriter for our Christmas letter, so I don't think she will be reading this) I made chocolates to eat on Sunday and the kids posed by the lovey flowers.

The Wenger family is fun! check out their Peeps of Mormon gaining popularity very quickly. Here is the first one, nephi 1:1, I nephi having been born of goodly parents...

Happy Easter everybody!
7 comments:
awh- thanks for the shout out Chantal. we miss you guys, tell Brian I dont like his jokes about moving back, etc!! no just kidding, but we are very anxious! your kids look adorable in their Easter get-ups! I love it!
You are so cute! Your kids are adorable. I cannot believe you already have three of them. I definitely have some catching up to do! :D
Cute Easter Pics as well! I wish I would have collaborated with you on the Easter Primary lesson- what a great idea. AND... holy cow, we were laughing so hard at the peeps. That is funny!
Your kids look so cute in their Easter attire...
I am going to link your blog to mine..hope you don't mind!
I love there easter outfits! Glad you got to come and see your family.
Ah that is sweet. What a great Easter. The pics of your kids are adorable. You have such a cute family!!
Love your blog. Easter was great! I too loved Daddy's lesson and Brian's testimony. By the way who is Dad?
Post a Comment